Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things that I Found Valuable in My LA Lessons Last year

Throughout my lessons last year, I have gained exposure to many different types of writing styles, such as poetry, how to write a literature answer, etc. Though I am still not very good in some areas, I have seen some improvement and I learnt how to appreciate the writing styles of different writers or poets. I felt that learning about how to analyse a writer's style of writing in literature was the most valuable thing I have learnt. I have learnt that writers choose every word carefully to suit the situation and theme of the story. I found my Language Arts teacher's (Mr Lundberg) teaching styles interesting and new, such as the "pass the ball" system to encourage people to speak up. More people have become enthusiastic about speaking up during lessons. The only problem I have is that because of the wide exposure to different things, I am unable to focus on anything so even when I have not fully understood something, we might have already moved to the the next topic. ACE assignments such as blog posts increase the opportunities for all of us to express ourselves and commenting on other's blogs allows us to get to read and know about how other's are writing. Therefore, we are given the opportunity to learn from one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment