Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

LA-ACE

Have you ever been part of a group of people who were unkind to one or some individuals? What was the circumstance? How did you act? What did you feel?

Yes, I have. When I was in primary school, we were assigned to do a Science project. In our group, there were five people. There were about two people who were not very cooperative. Instead of contributing to the group, they began bullying another member for being a nerd and made many unkind remarks to him. He was one of my good friends and I felt sorry for him and tried to step in to help. I told the "bullies" to leave him alone. However, my words fell on deaf ears and my friend was treated unkindly whenever we met to discuss on our project. Moreover, I was told that I could join my friend and be another nerd. I really wanted to help my friend; however, I was afraid to lose the "bullies" as friends. Ever since that incident, I felt really guilty for not standing up for the right thing. I learnt that if i ever get into situations like this, being a coward should be the last option. I have also learnt to choose my friends carefully, instead of mixing around with bullies. I learnt that these people were not true friends who will stand up for you and stick with you through thick and thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment