Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 18, 2011

IN-CLASS ONLINE LESSON #12 (Term 3 LA ACE)

The common theme between the three casket scenes is appearances and reality. Firstly, the Prince of Morocco was the first person to take the test. He was prejudiced and felt that gold was always the best and felt that that suited Portia the most as she was the best. Therefore, he was unable to see through appearances at all and chose the gold casket. In the scroll, it reminded the Prince of Morocco that "All that glisters is not gold". Secondly, the Prince of Arragon is being compared to a fool as he prided himself on being able to see through appearances, however, failed at the test as he assumed that risking was not good and thus chose the silver casket. Lastly, Bassanio came along and chose the leaden casket as he "choose not by the view Chance as fair, and choose as true."

Step 2:

There was once in my primary school, I really wanted to join a really cool group of friends. They were hanging out playing games such as soccer and computer games everyday after school. I really wanted to join in the fun but they said that I had to pass the criteria to get in.

Firstly, I went through an interview. They said that I was too wimpy and was unable to join them unless I did one of their "jobs". They did not like my best friend Jeremy and wanted me to back stab him. After hearing that, I got a shock and was in a lost for what to do. I did not dare share it with my other friends for fear that it would spread to Jeremy. Therefore, it was up to me to consider the situation.

I could not bring myself to back stab Jeremy by stealing his wallet ans required by them. However, I had been begging them for so long to let me join them and also did not want to lose the opportunity to join them. I thought long and hard about it using logic and came to a conclusion: I would not back stab Jeremy. i weighed the positive and negative implications of my actions and decided that the group that I wanted to join was made up of people of negative influences and ai could not afford to lose a good friend just because of such an incident.

This is one example of how I used logic to make a difficult decision. Thanks to this decision, I have not regretted it and Jeremy has been one of my greatest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment