Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Favourite Photograph


This is my favourite photograph. I chose it because I found the scenery very beautiful. The palm trees are aligned in a neat row and are standing tall and upright, overlooking the children's pool. Further behind, is the water fountain. The most prominant thing in this photograph is the greenery. It is something that I am very proud of as we won a green award for our recycling and green efforts.

Best two sentences
1)The palm trees are aligned in a neat row and are standing tall and upright, overlooking the children's pool.
2) The most prominant thing in this photograph is the greenery

Additional metaphors/similes
1)The palm trees were aligned in a neat row like soldiers and stood ramrod straight, overlooking the children's pool.
2)The most prominant thing in this photograph is the beautiful greenery and manicured garden

Best of the two and working on it:
1)The palm trees stood as tall as giants with ramrod straight postures , with lime green leaves swaying gently in the gentle breeze, overlooking the calm waters of the children's playpool.

Three paragraphs:
The moment I gaze out of the window, the wind gently caresses my face. Then I see it, the palm trees. How could I miss it? They were standing so tall, and I would have imagined that they were as tall as giants. Not normal giants, but giants with ramrod straight postures.

They were a pleasant sight to see, aligned in a neat row, just like soldiers at a parade. It made me feel as though II was in the midst of a garden with fresh air all around me.

Moreover, I enjoyed watching the lime green leaves swaying gently in the cool and gentle breeze,as though they were having a fun time dancing in the wind, as they overlooked the calm and gentle waters of the childrens's sand pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment