Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Conducting an Interview with One of the Characters in Village by the Sea

Me: Hi Hari, now that you have come back from Bombay, how do you feel?

Hari: I feel really excited, for saving my family from a bankrupt family to one with some status in Thul!

Me: How did you feel when your father went to drink every night in the past?

Hari: I was really furious and frustrated. Because of his drunken state, I had to work so hard, like an adult!

Me: How did you feel when you followed the procession to Bombay?

Hari: I was nervous and excited. I was wondering how Bombay was like.

Me: I heard that you were lucky to meet Hira Lal, who introduced you to Jagu.

Hari: Yes! I realised Bombay was dangerous as can be, I was fortunate to have benefactors.

Me: What did Jagu do?

Hari: He gave me a job in his restaurant, with a pay, food and accomodation.

Me: What did Mr Panwallah do then?

Hari: He taught me the skill of watchmending and to adapt to change.

Me: You came back to Bombay for Diwali, didn't you?

Hari: That is right. I missed my sisters and mother too.

Me: How do feel, now that everything is back to normal?

Hari: I feel really happy, as though I am a child again. I am also glad that my father turned over a new leaf.

Me: I heard that you have plans for the future, when the factories are built.

Hari: Yup, I intend to set up a chicken coop to rear chickens and sell the eggs to the workers. I will also set up a watchmening stall as the factory workers will have watches.

Me: Wow, these plans are well thought out. Thank you for your time. Bye!

Hari: Bye! See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment