Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Journal entry of Hari (Village By the Sea)

Dear Diary,

I am really so angry, tired and troubled. I do not know what to do now. Should I believe Ramu? Is there really going to be a fertiliser factory in Thul? If yes, will I even get a job there? I have not gone to college, nor do I have any skill. My father sold our only means of earning money, the boat. It was all because of his debts and toddy. He is just so useless, lying there all day, only getting up to drink toddy at night. Our family is in debt and I feel so helpless, not being able to contribute. At this rate, we will not be able to survive and all of us will die of starvation. The only food we have is chapati and tea or milk. Lila is working her head off to look after Bala and Kamal, as well as to do the housework. Mother is so ill that she can hardly move. However, we have no money to take her ro the doctor. Our field is so pathetic, it will not do much help as it is so small. I need to change and adapt. I need to behave like an adult if i want to help myself and my family. Yes, I can!

Hari

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, I do not understand why Hari is so tired... ... Secondly, Hari's father did not sell their only means of earning money, the boat because Hari still works in the fields and pick coconuts to sell. Therefore, I do not think that some part of the journal entry make sense. Anyway, nice effort to do this journey entry!

    ReplyDelete