Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mary Maloney"s Diary (in ref. to "Lamb to the Slaughter" by Roald Dahl)

Dear Diary,

What have I done? I almost got myself into deep trouble! I still cannot believe I killed my husband. I wished I could go back in time to correct my errors . Perhaps I could have asked Patrick why he detested me and I could become a better wife. All this could be avoided if only...

Fortunately, my alibi was successful and I did not get caught, nor was the murder weapon found. Thanks to Patrick's compassionate mates.On the bright side, I can now live peacefully with my baby without that uncaring jerk. I really loved Patrick with all my heart, expressing my care and concern to him whenever he was down. How could he dump me like this? I am really heartbroken. I must now find another companion that would accompany me.

To clarify matters, I did not kill my husband on purpose. The moment I heard Patrick say that he was going out, I seemed as though I was possessed . Everything seemed so automatic, my hands seemed compelled to swing the lamb leg on his head.

I am not sure whether his death is more of a good thing or a bad thing. 

              

No comments:

Post a Comment